CPA Global has teamed up with Willis Towers Watson to conduct a survey focused on the frequency and severity of IP litigation globally. The results are in and the published Intellectual Property Litigation Risk Report makes for interesting reading.
IP litigation is on the increase. Driven by the rapid growth in grant rates, the emergence of hybrid technologies and increasingly active secondary patent marketplaces; direct and indirect risks are becoming increasingly significant.
The full report is available here, presenting the key findings of the research together with insightful analysis on global IP litigation activity and risk mitigation options.
This report Highlights:
- Key trends in IP litigation activity in jurisdictions across the world
- Insight into the primary factors driving the increase in global litigation activity
- Analysis of the direct and indirect risks, major sources of litigation and potential cost impacts
- Reviews of the top three countries for IP litigation (China, US and Germany), exploring trends across patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret litigation
- Summary of risk mitigation approaches, practical strategies and guidance on evaluating liability