The patent and technical literature searches your clients need must be customized to meet your exact legal and technical requirements, must be delivered within your desired time frame, and must leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of information that helps them make better IP decisions.
Our invalidity searches help you and your clients when the stakes are highest:
- Supporting the strongest argument for invalidating a patent when you’re working with the defendant in an infringement lawsuit
- Giving your clients the leverage they need in negotiations by assessing the strength of one or more patents in support of a possible licensing deal or acquisition
- Clearing the competitive playing field by invalidating their competitors’ patents using various post-grant procedures at patent offices
Our expert searchers routinely use 30+ language- and technology-specific databases to provide the best possible support for your litigation or enforcement efforts.
Our approach entails:
- Identifying target claims and specific limitations of interest, critical date, and other parameters that are key to developing a precise search strategy based on an in-depth scoping discussion
- Actively dissecting target claims to develop an in-depth understanding of the specific limitations under focus
- Searching electronic and manual data sources for non-patent technical literature, including non-traditional resources such as product literature (manuals and repair guides) and industry standards documents, as well as hard-copy collections at libraries around the world
- Applying our in-depth expertise in the implications of patent law or search objectives on search strategy:
- Challenging patent validity in differing types of post-grant proceedings in multiple jurisdictions
- Incorporating the impact of patent law changes around the globe
- Developing search strategies designed to support your case strategy