CPA Global Limited
CPA Global Limited, Liberation House, Castle Street, St Helier, JE1 1BL, Jersey (“CPA Global”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and your right to fair and just processing of your personal information. When you choose to provide us with information about yourself, we recognise that you trust us to act in a responsible manner. It is our belief that this information should only be used to help us provide you with better products and services.
CPA Global’s nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is: Ms Jennifer Aikins-Appiah.
Information we may collect from you
Our objective at CPA Global is to be your IP solutions provider of choice by providing you with the information and services that are most relevant to you. To achieve this goal, we need to collect information to understand what differentiates you from each of our other unique clients.
The website will gather information such as what kind of browser a visitor is on, what operating system they are using, their IP address, cookie information, time stamp (time page accessed as well as time spent per web page) and their clickstream information (for example, which pages they have viewed and how long they have been there). Note that information is only gathered while the visitor is on the website. The website monitors how a visitor arrives at the website, but cannot and will not gather information about other third party sites the user has visited. The website automatically receives and records such information on our server logs from your browser.
In certain sections of the website, it may invite you to contact us to pose questions, request information or complete a registration form. We may ask for Personally Identifiable Information to be entered as a means of registration before accessing a certain part of the website.
“Personally Identifiable Information” means any information that identifies you personally, including, without limitation, your name, e-mail address, password, login ID and other contact information that you voluntarily transmit with your communication to us. Visitors of the website can always option not to enter any of their Personally Identifiable Information.
The website may also collect Personally Identifiable Information when you use certain CPA Global services, through the use of the website or hypersite web pages, or when you enter promotions or contests offered by CPA Global on and through the website.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and may also identify any individuals based on.
For the same reason we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our web site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:-
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- to store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise this web site according to your individual interests
- to speed up your searches
- to recognise you when you return to this web site
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser, which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of this web site
Where we store your personal data
The data we collect from you will be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area. By using this web site, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have provided you with or where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of this web site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of data transmitted by you to this web site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use security procedures and features to prevent unauthorised access to it.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways for the purpose of internal administration and to ensure that the content on this web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to allow us to verify your username and password on login to certain restricted areas of the web site
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, such as important changes to this web site, new CPA Global services or changes to existing services and special offers we think you will find valuable
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service where you choose to do so
CPA Global uses your Personally Identifiable Information to register you to use CPA Global’s services, contact you to deliver certain services or information you have requested, verify your authority to enter into certain areas of the website, improve the content and general administration of the website and our services, provide you with notices regarding our services and understand our visitors and, with permission, provide visitors with updates on CPA Global and its services.
The website may track information that will be maintained, used and disclosed in aggregate form only and which will not contain your personally identifiable information, for example, without limitation, the total number of visitors to our website, the number of visitors to each page of our website, browser type, External Web Sites (as defined below) linked to and IP addresses. CPA Global may analyse this data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, and we may use such aggregate information to administer the website, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group which means any company or partnership which is wholly or partly owned by any of CPA Global’s general partners and any subsidiary or holding company of such company or partnership or any partnership of which such company is a partner (the “CPA Global Group”). We will not disclose your personal data to any company outside the CPA Global Group.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties under the following conditions:-
- if we are required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or any other agreement; or protect the rights, property, or safety of CPA Global , our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for protection against credit risk and fraud
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if CPA Global or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will of course be one of the transferred assets
- with your specific consent either at the time you register with this web site, or subsequently
If you would rather not receive any further information from us please complete our online contact form and ask to be removed from our mailing lists. If possible, please include a copy of the communication you received to help facilitate a timely and accurate removal.
Access to information
The Act gives you various rights including the right to access information held about you. Please contact us at Compliance@cpaglobal.com with any questions or comments.
It is very important to us that your experience using cpaglobal.com is positive. We respect your rights to privacy and the fair and just processing of your personal information.